Thinking Differently for Culture and Systems Change (Code: C1678)
The ETF has launched a series of Leading Innovation workshops for leaders in the FE and Skills sector to support across a range of themes to promote innovation and support leaders to implement and embed projects to improve outcomes.
Both the Winter and Summer series of the Leading Innovation workshops will be delivered by sector experts, membership bodies and our trusted partners to bring you the best learning and CPD opportunities.
These one day face to face workshops cover a range of topics on the theme of Innovation.
This day of CPD is £50 per delegate which includes lunch
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. The free places are fully funded by the DfE and are offered to ensure greater diversity on high quality CPD, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 24 priority areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Halton, Hartlepool, Hastings, Ipswich, Knowsley, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Nottingham, Oldham, Portsmouth, Rochdale, Salford, Sandwell, Scarborough, Stoke-on-Trent, Tameside, Walsall, West Somerset).
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000.
- Consider yourself to have a disability.
- Come from black or minority ethnic community.
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the four criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least two weeks before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
Who is this for?
For senior leaders who want to move beyond good intentions to sustainable change, by cultivating an ethical leadership that is radically candid and fuelled by thinking differently.
This immersive workshop provides a framework for you to think differently about moving from good intentions to sustainable change.
Anchored by four very practical approaches to changemaking, you will delve into FE systems/culture change and the pivotal role played by trust, ease and responsible risk.
You will explore what thinking differently for sustainable change looks, feels and sounds like in your organisation (and in your leadership) though hands on immersion, a facilitator-led meta narrative and peer dialogue to figure out you can use the practical activities in your context.
- Explore how to directly embed values into leadership.
- Reflect on organisational culture and how far it is ‘radically candid’.
- Practise a specific and effective form of ‘Non-Violent Communication’.
- Identify changemakers and developed a strategy for working with them.
The live event will run from 10:00 to 15:00 with lunch and refreshments provided throughout the day.
Exploring approaches to thinking differently for sustainable change, via the following activities.
1 - From KPIs to Values
2 - Kim Scott’s Radical Cando(u)r
3 - Marshall Rosenberg’s Non-Violent Communication
4 - The Influence Analysis