Assessment for learning: develop your practice in maths
Maths and English Pipeline
- In-house course for up to 16 staff: £1,580
- In-house courses for up to 32 staff: £3,100
Who is this course for?
For teachers who:
- teach GCSE maths in post-16 settings
- teach Functional Skills maths
- support learners' numeracy development.
To prepare teachers to be better equipped and more confident to support their learners' maths development through AfL approaches in the context of vocational training/ work.
You will be able to:
- explore the cognitive and affective domains of an AfL framework and apply it to your practice
- design learning tasks which enable learners and teachers to monitor, evaluate and review progress, to build on learners' prior knowledge, and match teaching to the needs of each learner
- critically review and implement AfL principles and strategies including clarifying, sharing and understanding learning outcomes and success criteria, promoting learner talk, effective questioning, providing formative feedback, self-assessment and peer-assessment.
Length of the course
The two days training spread over 4-6 weeks will allow you to put into practice formative assessment with a group of your learners.
Delegates should be practising maths teachers.