CFO Programme (Code: C0174)
As demands on the Further Education sector rise, the need for FDs and CFOs to step forward is clear. ICAEW have been commissioned by the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) to deliver a programme that will deliver a step change in the ability of CFOs and FDs in the sector to partner with their CEO to drive strategy forward.
£563 per delegate which includes all meals and overnight accommodation on 28 February
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. The free places are fully funded by the DfE and are offered to ensure greater diversity on high quality CPD, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 24 priority areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Halton, Hartlepool, Hastings, Ipswich, Knowsley, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Nottingham, Oldham, Portsmouth, Rochdale, Salford, Sandwell, Scarborough, Stoke-on-Trent, Tameside, Walsall, West Somerset).
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000.
- Consider yourself to have a disability.
- Come from black or minority ethnic community.
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the four criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least two weeks before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
Who is this for?
Senior finance professionals working in the Further Education sector.
The CFO Programme has been specifically designed by ICAEW in collaboration with the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) to support all FE finance directors and CFOs with the skills and knowledge needed to lead change and become strategically confident leaders.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the processes of change and learn to strategically lead transformational change
- Influence decision-making by using a powerful combination of logic and emotive tools
- Recognise emotional responses to change and understand how to engage with people
- Use a range of skills and tools to help others through change and win over sceptics
Be a commercially confident leader
- Be more forward looking, identify important trends and convert data into commercial insights
- Apply skills and behaviours required to be commercial and strategic so that you and your finance team can play an even greater part in adding business value
- Increase your scope of influence with key internal and external stakeholders
- Empower your team to take responsibility and make decisions
- Practise techniques with FE scenarios and role playing with actors
This is a one-month blended programme which includes a two-day, one-night residential programme and a peer learning group online.
A 360 review will be completed ahead of the programme, and delegates will explore this feedback through coaching and peer learning groups. Guest speaker sessions are included through online sessions during the programme
Dates for 2024
- Peer Learning group 6 February 2024
- Residential 28 February 2024 - 29 February 2024
As a Department for Education funded programme this is only available for senior finance professionals in Further Education providers in England.