Study Programmes for SEND learners - Launch events
Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
SET member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £100 This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the SFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £ 150
Who is this course for?
All providers in the FE and skills sector. Managers responsible for designing study programmes and any practitioners working with learners with SEND.
To hear about the opportunities available in the project and share best practice regarding study programmes for learners with SEND
You will... hear about existing resources available, share practice about improving study programmes. Network with others and make links between providers. Have an opportunity to explore ideas which can be developed through the project for example;
- Assuring quality in non-accredited learning using RARPA
- Meaningful work experience for learners with SEND
- Supporting students with SEND on mainstream study programmes
- Transition year - planning an E3/L1 curriculum for students with mild to moderate learning difficulties
- Skills competitions as a means of raising standards
- Developing a curriculum to promote independence and successful transition out of college
- English and maths for students with SEND on vocational programmes
- Using Assistive Technology effectively in teaching and learning.
- Increasing access to apprenticeships for learners with SEND.
Length of the course
1 full day with opportunity to engage with the project through to March 2018.