Improving formative assessment in English - contextualised for ACL
Maths and English Pipeline
There are three pricing options:
1. Individual fees
SET member: £148.75 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £175
Hosting is great value and allows you to train 10 delegates for the single price of £1,100. We will support you to fill the extra places but this is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with providers in your locality.
N.B We would need a minimum of 12 bookings to run this course.
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
• In-house course for up to 16 staff: £1,580
• In-house courses for up to 32 staff: £3,100
To enquire about hosting or running an in-house course please complete this form or call the delivery partner ccConsultancy on 0116 233 0877 and ask to speak to Jo Byrne or e-mail email@example.com.
Who is this course for?
Contextualised for ACL teachers who:
- teach GCSE English language in post-16 settings
- teach Functional Skills English
- support learner's literacy development
- support ESOL learners in English classes.
To prepare ACL teachers to be better equipped and more confident to support their learners' English development through the effective use of AfL approaches.
You will be able to:
- explore the cognitive and affective domains of an AfL framework and apply it to your practice
- design learning tasks which enable learners and teachers to monitor, evaluate and review progress, to build on learners' prior knowledge, and match teaching to the needs of each learner
- critically review and implement AfL principles and strategies including clarifying and understanding learning outcomes and success criteria, promoting learner talk, effective questioning, providing formative feedback, self/ peer assessment and the development of judgement
Length of the course
The two days training spread over 4-6 weeks will allow you to put into practice formative assessment with a group of your learners.
You should be a practising English teacher.