Effective Practice in Assessment and Tracking: an introduction for practitioners
Maths and English Pipeline
There are three pricing options:
Venue: Eastleigh College, Chestnut Avenue, SO50 5FS
Who is this course for?
Aimed at maths and English practitioners, this course will be run in parallel with an equivalent session for managers enabling managers and practitioners to collaborate in joint planning, over lunch.
Enable delegates to re-conceptualise and redesign assessment and tracking, to improve maths and English delivery and outcomes, based on meta-research and evidence-based practice.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- identify the purpose of assessment and tracking in maths and English
- explore the cognitive and affective domains of an Assessment for Learning framework
- understand the expectancy-value theory of motivation
- understand the principles behind the effective practice guidelines for assessment and tracking
- identify teaching, learning and assessment approaches that promote effective practice
- apply the effective practice guidelines to their practice
- know how to equip learners to monitor and evaluate their own learning.
Length of the course
Maths and English practitioners