Improving outcomes for learners with SEND - supporting governors
Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
SET Member: £85.00 (https://set.et-foundation.co.uk)
Non-SET Member: £100.00 - This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £200.00
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all governors, particularly those with an interest in or level of responsibility for SEND delivery.
Identify impact of recent reform and expectations of CQC and Ofsted for SEND provision, explore wider institutional strategy and identify opportunities to improve outcome for learners with SEND through understanding best practice and tailoring provision
You will have the knowledge and confidence to be able to:
- fulfil the responsibilities of Governors and Board members in relation to SEND reforms
- be aware of how to examine the organisation's SEND strategies, resources and staff, identifying weaknesses and understanding how to address them
- support the implementation of changes to SEND delivery, using examples of leading practice to contribute enhanced outcomes for SEND students
- embed and implement effective leadership & governance in SEND provision.
Length of the course
A half-day workshop (3-8pm)
You are welcome to stay for a drinks reception between 7 and 8pm.
This course will be focused on the role of Governors and Board members in improving SEND outcomes.
You will be expected to have read the following documents:
- SEND code of practice: 0 to 25 years, 2014 (Chapter 7 - Further Education)
- ETF SEND - Reform Organisational Effectiveness Guide