Finance for Chairs of Finance and Board members.
Leadership, Management & Governance Training
SET member: £127.50
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at:
- Chairs of Finance both new and existing
- Prospective Chairs
- Board members with finance responsibility
- Board members who wish to increase their knowledge and understating of FE finance and funding.
The programme will help you develop a greater understanding of effective governance in FE; the role of Chair and the importance of the finance committee. You will gain an understanding of FE funding and how to interpret key financial benchmarks.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- get the best out of your relationship with the CFO
- ask the right questions of management, based on the a good understanding of key funding drivers and risk areas
- take a long term view and ensure investment decisions align to the agreed strategic direction of the college
- be up to date on current trends and best practice in the sector.
Length of the course
The course will entail a total of eight hours of learning, split into five hours of distance learning (self study) and three hours of face to face delivery.