Apprenticeship end-point assessors - Kick-start your preparations and professional development
SET member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £100
Who is this course for?
This event is suitable for all individuals or teams who would like to explore what is needed to become an apprenticeship end-point assessor.
The event will help you understand what makes a good end-point assessor.
Featuring key note speakers and plenaries from the Institute for Apprenticeships, the Education and Skills Funding Agency, employers, and industry experts.
End-point Assessment Organisation will be exhibiting at the event to explain their services and approach to delegates.
A series of workshop sessions will help develop your skills and build knowledge of end-point assessment methods and practices.
Workshops will include:
- Working with grading in end-point assessment
- Taking the right approach to assessing behaviours
- Ensuring consistency in assessments
- Conducting fair assessments and minimising bias
- Assessing and grading portfolios and showcases
- Mastering the professional discussion
- Getting the most from interviews and vivas
- Conducting observation-based assessment
You will have access to an online self-assessment tool ahead of the event to identify your CPD needs and help you select workshops.
By the end of the event you will be able to:
- Know what makes a good end-point assessor
- Understand end-point assessment practices and methods
- Develop an action plan for your CPD
- Confidently apply for end-point assessor opportunities
- Understand the requirements of EPAOs
- Understand the key considerations around end-point assessment for ESFA, IfA and employers
Length of the course
One day event (10.00am to 16.30pm) (registration 9.00am to 10.00am)
Ahead of the event you will receive access to an online self-assessment tool, once completed you will receive access to the workshop booking site.
Please note early completion of this is advised as workshops may fill up quickly.
Completion of the online self-assessment tool and selection of workshops is required two weeks before the event date.
An email will be sent you on registration with access to the Foundation Online Learning portal where you will be able to complete the self-assessment and receive a CPD report to support your selection of workshops.
As part of the self-assessment tool you will receive details of how to access the workshop booking site.