Vocational Revitaliser (VR) Plus: Developing your practice in English
Maths and English Pipeline
Who is this course for?
Practitioners working in the further education and skills sector i.e.
- vocational lecturers
- workplace trainers
- learning support assistants.
Building on prior experience or the introductory 'Vocational Revitaliser' course, to enable vocational teachers, trainers and assessors to support their learners' English development within vocational learning programmes.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- motivate learners by helping them to value English development and believe in their potential to achieve English qualifications where required
- plan sequences of learning where English is developed alongside vocational competencies
- support vocational learners' English progression by adopting assessment for (as) learning approaches
- work collaboratively with English specialists (or access specialist resources/ support) to ensure learners experience coherent English development across programmes
- engage in their own English development, and apply learning to their practice.
Length of the course
One full day, face-to-face with a pre- and post-session task.
You should be a vocational practitioner, with experience of teaching, assessing or supporting English in the FE and skills sector.