Vocational Revitaliser (VR) Plus: Developing your practice in maths
Maths and English Pipeline
There are four pricing options:
1. Subsidised SET places
Limited subsidised places are available to SET members for an administration fee of £20. To book, please call 0800 0 831 830 and quote 'SET places' and your membership number
2. Individual fees
SET member (for non-subsidised places): £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £100
Providers with 6-10 delegates: £600. We will support you to fill the extra places but this is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with providers in your locality.
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
In-house course for up to 16 staff: £880
In-house courses for up to 32 staff: £1,700
In-house courses for up to 48 staff: £2,400
Who is this course for?
Practitioners working in the further education and skills sector i.e.
- vocational lecturers
- workplace trainers
- learning support assistants.
Building on prior experience or the introductory 'Vocational Revitaliser' course, to enable vocational teachers, trainers and assessors to support their learners' maths development within vocational learning programmes.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- motivate learners by helping them to value maths development and believe in their potential to achieve maths qualifications where required
- plan sequences of learning where maths is developed alongside vocational competencies
- support vocational learners' maths progression by adopting assessment for (as) learning approaches
- work collaboratively with maths specialists (or access specialist resources/ support) to ensure learners experience coherent maths development across programmes
- engage in their own maths development, and apply learning to their practice.
Length of the course
One full day, face-to-face with a pre- and post-session task.
You should be a vocational practitioner, with experience of teaching, assessing or supporting maths in the FE and skills sector.