Training for Further Education Teacher Trainers
Training for FE Teacher Trainers
For the full four-day course with access to Moodle and course materials:
SET member £276.25 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £325
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the SFA.
Information on possible available bursaries is available here
Who is this course for?
This course is for:
- those teaching the DET, CET or Award, or planning to soon
- those keen to progress in teacher education.
It is relevant across all sectors and for those working with awarding body or HEI provision.
This programme aims to provide you with a clear understanding of the sector-wide landscape of initial teacher training in order to effectively fulfil your role as a Teacher Educator.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- develop systems to initially assess, support and effectively progress trainee teachers within robust quality assurance processes
- deliver a 'common curricula' at Levels 4 and 5
- develop the skills to train, assess, observe, coach and mentor trainee teachers to become critically reflective 'outstanding practitioners'
- model effective, evidence-based practice during delivery and promote innovative use of new technologies
- consider how to apply key sector development areas of English, maths, digital literacy and employability skills in to ITT programmes of study.
Length of the course
Four full days, to be held at the University of Warwick in Coventry. Participants will be given access to a Moodle site created for this course prior to the start, and will be required to log in and create a password to access it throughout the course.
- Week 1: FE in Context
- Week 2: Pedagogy and standards
- Week 3: Core content and learning technology
- Week 4: Observation and looking ahead
You should be:
- Teaching the DET, CET, or Award or planning to soon
- Keen to progress in teacher education.
The course is relevant across all sectors and for those working with Awarding Body or HEI provision. Applicants are required to fill in a form and may be asked to have a short conversation by phone with the course director to confirm the course is suitable for them. They should be prepared to bring a laptop with small portable earphones to each session.