Training for Further Education Teacher Trainers
Training for FE Teacher Trainers
Who is this course for?
This course is for:
- those teaching the DET, CET or Award, or planning to soon
- those keen to progress in teacher education.
It is relevant across all sectors and for those working with awarding body or HEI provision.
This programme aims to provide you with a clear understanding of the sector-wide landscape of initial teacher training in order to effectively fulfil your role as a Teacher Educator.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- develop systems to initially assess, support and effectively progress trainee teachers within robust quality assurance processes
- deliver a 'common curricula' at Levels 4 and 5
- develop the skills to train, assess, observe, coach and mentor trainee teachers to become critically reflective 'outstanding practitioners'
- model effective, evidence-based practice during delivery and promote innovative use of new technologies
- consider how to apply key sector development areas of English, maths, digital literacy and employability skills in to ITT programmes of study.
Length of the course
An initial one-hour Virtual Learning Environment engagement, and four full days, to be held at Reding College . Participants will be given access to a Moodle site created for this course prior to the start, and will be required to log in and create a password to take part in the initial one-hour VLE session, and then access it throughout the course.
- Week 1: FE in Context
- Week 2: Pedagogy and standards and digital skills
- Week 3: Core content and learning technology
- Week 4: Observation and looking ahead
You should be:
- Teaching the DET, CET, or Award or planning to soon
- Keen to progress in teacher education.
The course is relevant across all sectors and for those working with Awarding Body or HEI provision. Applicants are required to fill in a form and may be asked to have a short conversation by phone with the course director to confirm the course is suitable for them. They should be prepared to bring a laptop with small portable earphones to each session.