Vocational revitaliser: an introduction (English)
Maths and English Pipeline
There are three pricing options:
1. Individual fees
SET member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £100
Providers with up to 5 delegates: £300 and 6-10 delegates: £600. We will support you to fill the extra places but this is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with providers in your locality.
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
- In-house course for up to 16 staff: £880
- In-house courses for up to 32 staff: £1,700
- In-house courses for up to 48 staff: £2,400
Who is this course for?
Practitioners working in the further education and skills sector i.e
- vocational lecturers
- workplace trainers
- learning support assistants.
To prepare vocational teachers, trainers and assessors to be better equipped and more confident to support their learners' English development.
You will be able to:
- review the English skills that underpin vocational skills
- identify the barriers that learners face in tackling reading and writing tasks in vocational areas
- demonstrate and try out a range of active learning strategies to develop English skills using vocational resources
- explore the use of graphic organisers in planning writing
- evaluate different embedded support strategies for spelling, punctuation and grammar
- demonstrate some popular e-learning tools for use in embedded support
- signpost online learning opportunities to develop your own personal English.
Length of the course
One full day, face-to-face with a pre and post-blended element.
You should be a vocational practitioner, teaching, assessing or supporting English in the FE and skills sector.