Provider support to building subject leadership in maths & English
Maths and English Pipeline
£1800.00 for the provider support package, including access for 5 participants to the online modules.
Who is this course for?
This blended model is for providers to support their improvement. The modules and content have been developed for maths and English subject leaders but the content and activities can be applied to vocational managers who wish to develop their management skills and improve learner outcomes. Lecturing staff or aspiring managers would also benefit from completing the online modules to develop their understanding of outcome and progress data and how to improve teaching, learning and assessment.
Completion of the three online modules will enable you to:
- explain outcome and progress data for maths and English
- use outcome and progress data to improve teaching, learning and assessment in maths and English
- monitor progress without data in teaching, learning and assessment.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify what the different types and forms of outcome and progress data are
- explain what the different types of outcome and progress data are telling us
- demonstrate use of the different types of outcome and progress data in improving provision.
- descibe ways in which data can be used to improve teaching, learning and assessment
- describe ways in which data can be used with students to improve progress
- explain how to use data with staff to improve outcomes of students.
- describe ways to monitor progress of learners without using data
- explain the different progress indicators that can be used in the observation of teaching, learning and assessment
- describe how target setting can be used.
Length of the course
The course contains three modules plus support from expert consultants. It is expected that you complete activities connected to your normal day job and return to the module when these have been completed. We would expect the course to take place in three to six weeks, depending on time required to complete the independent activities. Sole completion of the modules would take no more than nine hours and you receive three days coaching as part of this.
You will need a good working knowledge of teaching, learning and assessment.