Delivering apprenticeship standards - adultcare, healthcare and dental
SET member: £170 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £200 This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the SFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £300
Venue: Novotel Leeds Centre, 4 Whitehall Quay, LS1 4HR
Who is this course for?
This workshop is for providers who are planning to or already delivering apprenticeship standards in the adultcare, healthcare and/or dental sectors.
This workshop is aimed at curriculum managers, quality leads and those with an influencing role within their organisations existing or planned apprenticeship delivery.
You should be in a position to engage internal stakeholders to move forward the transition and implementation of standards.
Your organisation will have:
- moved on from simply understanding the reforms, to a position of starting preparations to deliver (or already deliver) apprenticeship standards
- identified standards to deliver in the short-term
- an idea of standards to deliver in the longer-term, including any areas for development and growth
It would be beneficial to have a reasonable level of awareness of Government policy on apprenticeships and implementation of the reforms.
With this one-day package you will be able to support your organisation to develop the delivery of specific apprenticeship standards, focusing on what high-quality delivery looks like for specific apprenticeship standards.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- understand the difference between delivery of frameworks and standards
- aid your decisions about how to implement the specific standards your organisation has selected to deliver
- consider what 'good' apprenticeship delivery and on-programme assessment looks like
- understand the implications of end-point assessment for on-programme delivery
- consider quality improvement measures
- consider the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of team members to accelerate high-quality delivery
- enhance and prioritise your implementation plan, ready to start (or increase) delivery of specific apprenticeship standards
- identify solutions to common challenges and barriers, in order to start (or increase) delivery
- share best practise within specific sector areas.
You will have access to a range of tools and resources to support preparation and delivery.
Length of the course
One day workshop (10.00 - 16.00)
Before the workshop, we request that you complete the 'unpicking the standard' activity for the standards and assessment plans you are intending to deliver.
The tool can be found here and is part of the Future Apprenticeships Provider Toolkit.
You will be asked to bring along:
- copies of apprenticeship standards and assessment plans you plan to deliver (or already deliver) in this sector area
- outcome of the 'unpicking the standard' activity
- early curriculum planning or your offer for the standards you are delivering
- an understanding of who in your organisation will lead and support the implementation process.
In the workshop we will be focusing on the sector standards which have published assessment plans.