Delivering apprenticeship standards - business administration and customer service
SET member: £170 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Venue: CIWEM, 106-109 Saffron Hill, EC1N 8QS
Venue: Novotel York Centre, Fishergate, YO10 4FD
Who is this course for?
This workshop is for providers who are planning to or already delivering apprenticeship standards in the business administration and customer service sectors.
- moved on from simply understanding the reforms, to a position of starting preparations to deliver (or already deliver) apprenticeship standards
- identified standards to deliver in the short-term
- an idea of standards to deliver in the longer-term, including any areas for development and growth.
With this one-day package you will be able to support your organisation to develop the delivery of specific apprenticeship standards, focusing on what high-quality delivery looks like for specific apprenticeship standards.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- understand the difference between delivery of frameworks and standards
- aid your decisions about how to implement the specific standards your organisation has selected to deliver
- consider what 'good' apprenticeship delivery and on-programme assessment looks like
- understand the implications of end-point assessment for on-programme delivery
- consider quality improvement measures
- consider the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of team members to accelerate high-quality delivery
- enhance and prioritise your implementation plan, ready to start (or increase) delivery of specific apprenticeship standards
- identify solutions to common challenges and barriers, in order to start (or increase) delivery
- share best practise within specific sector areas.
Length of the course
One day workshop (10.00 - 16.00)
Before the workshop, we request that you complete the 'unpicking the standard' activity for the standards and assessment plans you are intending to deliver.
- copies of apprenticeship standards and assessment plans you plan to deliver (or already deliver) in this sector area
- outcome of the 'unpicking the standard' activity
- early curriculum planning or your offer for the standards you are delivering
- an understanding of who in your organisation will lead and support the implementation process.