Student Governor Support Programme
Leadership, Management & Governance Training
This programme will support new student governors to feel confident and engaged in their new role and will empower student governors to contribute and make more of an impact during their term in office.
Who is this course for?
The aim of this programme is to It support new student governors so that they feel confident and engaged in their new role,
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
• explain mission, vision and values and understand their strategic role as a governor
• show their understanding of the FE sector, including key policy developments, information about funding, quality and regulation
• use strategies to improve their organisation and time management
• demonstrate practical skills in interpreting detailed paperwork
• demonstrate increased confidence, assertiveness and improved communication and questioning skills.
Length of the course
The student governor inductions are taking place in 5 locations across England late November to mid-December. Student Governors can attend any one of these as long as they register using links below.
There are a maximum of 8 online learning hours to be completed after the training. We advise that clerks and student governors agree a plan to ensure this happens.