HE in FE course
The download comprises a detailed guide to running the course yourself and all the powerpoints necessary. Additionally the course is accreditable by University of Derby [additional; charges apply].
Pricing options £200 per download. This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA. For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £300.
Who is this course for?
This course is for FE teachers or trainers delivering above level 3.
To make staff more familiar with the particular requirements of HE level delivery and thereby improve outcomes for such courses.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- critically analyse the contribution of non-university providers to higher education in England, including widening participation, and its implications for teaching practice
- critically evaluate the expectations of higher education quality systems and apply these through a synthesis relevant to teaching in non-university institutions
- critically evaluate models and reflect on experiences of teaching and learning, in order to develop effective practice as a higher education practitioner
- critically evaluate assessment and feedback models, synthesising practices that promote student opportunity and maintain academic standards
- critically analyse the basis of knowledge in your subject area, including the contributions of research and professional practice.
Length of the course
This is an approximate two day course that can be delivered at your convenience.
For participation: staff teaching or planning to teach on HE level programmes within an FE setting.