Prevent and British values for curriculum leaders
SET member: £165.75
Non-SET member: £195
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book as normal. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet and then click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
Curriculum leaders and pastoral leaders.
To increase awareness of the requirements of the Prevent duty including British values and how to integrate these into their provision.
To increase awareness of how to integrate British values into provision and particularly into the curriculum.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to gain:
- a greater clarity of the Prevent duty requirements
- an understanding of ways to integrate British values into the pastoral provision
- an understanding of ways to find opportunities to promote and exemplify British values in the curriculum
- an understanding of current Ofsted practice in inspecting the Prevent duty and British values.
Length of the course
One day course.