GCSE re-sits: develop your practice (Level 5 module) maths (Code: C0027)
There are three pricing options.
1. Individual fees
- SET member: £170
- Non-SET member: £200
Providers with 6-10 delegates: £1,200.
3. In-house Get the maximum value from your CPD budget and run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
- In-house course for up to 16 staff: £1,800
* Questions? Call 0116 233 0877. Speak to Jo Byrne. E-mail email@example.com
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- Existing teachers who currently teach GCSE maths and would benefit from training and development.
- New GCSE teachers, such as Functional Skills teachers or vocational teachers, who are teaching/ have taught maths at level 2 and meet the entry requirements.
- Teachers who have undertaken the Maths Enhancement Programme and meet the entry requirements.
To develop the content knowledge and effective teaching approaches, required to support learners to achieve a good pass in GCSE maths.
- motivate and inspire reluctant learners
- use assessment approaches to support GCSE maths learning
- plan teaching and learning to meet GCSE maths curriculum requirements and the diverse needs of learners
- use active learning strategies and connected, challenging teaching methods to make GCSE maths teaching more effective
- develop an in-depth understanding of maths at GCSE and beyond
- use or undertake research to develop and improve own practice in GCSE maths teaching.
If delegates, including those from 2015 cohorts, wish to seek accreditation at Level 5 there is an additional fee for this of £200 per person. This includes:
- centre costs, registration and certification
- tutorial support
- an accreditation eGuide
- assessment and feedback.
5 days of online delivery with 2 x 1.5 hours per day, total of 15 hours plus independent study.
- Qualification at level 3 in maths*, or able to demonstrate level 3 process skills and personal skills
- A teaching qualification e.g. DTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE etc
*Where potential participants lack a level 3 qualification an initial assessment may be required.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.