Giving effective feedback and monitoring progress
SET member: £1,185
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
This programme is designed for teachers and managers who would benefit from a better understanding of how effective Assessment for Learning processes will support learner success within 16-19 study programmes.
Identify any gaps or challenges with feedback and progress monitoring then develop and deliver a bespoke, targeted programme of improvement.
Outcomes will depend on the challenges identified but could include:
- making learning outcomes visible and relevant to learner aspirations
- designing Assessment for Learning into learning activities
- curriculum planning and learning activity design to support individualised learning
- having effective learning conversations.
- Providing accurate and timely feedback that enables learners to progress
- Enabling learners to reflect on their own and others' progress
Length of the course
Over a minimum of 2.5 days you will receive:
- an initial review with an experienced consultant to identify gaps in your current provision
- a bespoke training programme specifically designed to support improvement in your institution
- a day of training to understand the improvement strategy and how it will work in practice
- a period of supported practitioner-led enquiry to implement new approaches
- asecond day of training to collect feedback and explore further opportunities.
Any providers who offer 16-19 study programmes.