Stretch and challenge: enabling all learners to achieve their potential
SET member: £1,185 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Venue: To Be Confirmed
Who is this course for?
This programme is designed for teachers and managers who are interested in ensuring that all learners achieve their potential within 16-19 study programmes.
Identify any issues or challenges with the pace and challenge in lessons then develop and deliver a bespoke, targeted programme of improvement.
Outcomes will depend on results of the investigation but could include:
- planning activities where students apply learning in a range of unfamiliar contexts
- creating opportunities to develop critical thinking skills and tackle complex problems in a range of contexts
- encouraging independent learning through project-based approaches
- increasing resilience and confidence in all aspects of a student's learning programme
- linking the above to key employability skills.
Length of the course
Over a minimum of 2.5 days you will receive:
- an initial review with an experienced consultant to identify gaps in your current provision
- a bespoke training programme specifically designed to support improvement in your institution
- a day of training to understand the improvement strategy and how it will work in practice
- a period of supported practitioner-led enquiry to implement new approaches
- a second day of training to collect feedback and explore further opportunities.
Any provider delivering 16-19 study programmes.