Stretch and challenge: enabling all learners to achieve their potential
SET member: £1,185
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This programme is designed for teachers and managers who are interested in ensuring that all learners achieve their potential within 16-19 study programmes.
Identify any issues or challenges with the pace and challenge in lessons then develop and deliver a bespoke, targeted programme of improvement.
Outcomes will depend on results of the investigation but could include:
- planning activities where students apply learning in a range of unfamiliar contexts
- creating opportunities to develop critical thinking skills and tackle complex problems in a range of contexts
- encouraging independent learning through project-based approaches
- increasing resilience and confidence in all aspects of a student's learning programme
- linking the above to key employability skills.
Over a minimum of 2.5 days you will receive:
- an initial review with an experienced consultant to identify gaps in your current provision
- a bespoke training programme specifically designed to support improvement in your institution
- a day of training to understand the improvement strategy and how it will work in practice
- a period of supported practitioner-led enquiry to implement new approaches
- a second day of training to collect feedback and explore further opportunities.
Any provider delivering 16-19 study programmes.