GCSE re-sits: develop your practice (Level 5 module) maths
Maths and English
There are three pricing options + two types of bursaries available for all applicants.
1. Individual fees
- SET member: £340
- Non-SET member: £400
Providers with 6-10 delegates: £2,600.
Get the maximum value from your CPD budget and run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
In-house course for up to 16 staff: £3,680.
- Organisations wishing to host a course please apply here.
- Delegates wishing to reserve a place please apply here.
* Questions? Call 0116 233 0877. Speak to Jo Byrne. E-mail email@example.com
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
- Existing teachers who currently teach GCSE maths and would benefit from training and development.
- New GCSE teachers, such as Functional Skills teachers or vocational teachers, who are teaching/ have taught maths at level 2 and meet the entry requirements.
- Teachers who have undertaken the Maths Enhancement Programme and meet the entry requirements.
To develop the content knowledge and effective teaching approaches, required to support learners to achieve a good pass in GCSE maths.
- motivate and inspire reluctant learners
- use assessment approaches to support GCSE maths learning
- plan teaching and learning to meet GCSE maths curriculum requirements and the diverse needs of learners
- use active learning strategies and connected, challenging teaching methods to make GCSE maths teaching more effective
- develop an in-depth understanding of maths at GCSE and beyond
- use or undertake research to develop and improve own practice in GCSE maths teaching.
If delegates, including those from 2015 cohorts, wish to seek accreditation at Level 5 there is an additional fee for this of £200 per person. This includes:
- centre costs, registration and certification
- tutorial support
- an accreditation eGuide
- assessment and feedback.
Length of the course
The course will run over ten weeks, and will include approximately 40 guided learning hours as follows:
- approximately ten hours of blended learning activity
- ten half day face-to-face sessions or five full days over a ten week period
- Qualification at level 3 in maths*, or able to demonstrate level 3 process skills and personal skills
- A teaching qualification e.g. DTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE etc
*Where potential participants lack a level 3 qualification an initial assessment may be required.