Webinar 1 - Partnering with employers to support maths and English
There are three pricing options:
1. Individual fees (1 delegate only)
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
2. Group bookings (2 or more delegates)
For group bookings of more than two people we can offer you a 20% discount on your total price. Please email Booking Support to get your discount.
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
In-house course for up to 12 staff: £250
In-house courses for up to 15 staff: £300
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating apprentices' maths and English development.
This webinar will help you identify a range of strategies to help create a powerful, value-added relationship with employers, encouraging and supporting their active engagement with maths and English support for apprentices, in the workplace or during off-job training.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- examine the root-cause of poor employer engagement and provider-led strategies to remedy this
- explain the policy and quality drivers that employers must know and 'sign-up to' when taking on an apprentice
- provide practical strategies for securing employers' support for maths and English
- explore a continuum of provider-employer partnership ranging from more effective cross-communication.
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your kit)
You should be teaching or supporting maths and/or English skills development.
An email will be sent to you with access to a link where you will be able to complete a series of questions to support your learning experience. Completion of the questions is required two weeks before the webinar date.
Please note the price charged and login provided is per individual delegate unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to make a group booking, please check our pricing options for booking of two or more people.