Webinar 1 - Partnering with employers to support maths and English
There are two pricing options:
1. Individual fees
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
In-house course for up to 12 staff: £250
In-house courses for up to 15 staff: £300
Contact email@example.com to enquire about hosting.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book as normal. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet and then click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
Teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating apprentices' maths and English development.
This webinar will help you identify a range of strategies to help create a powerful, value-added relationship with employers, encouraging and supporting their active engagement with maths and English support for apprentices, in the workplace or during off-job training.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- examine the root-cause of poor employer engagement and provider-led strategies to remedy this
- explain the policy and quality drivers that employers must know and 'sign-up to' when taking on an apprentice
- provide practical strategies for securing employers' support for maths and English
- explore a continuum of provider-employer partnership ranging from more effective cross-communication.
Length of the course
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your kit)
You should be teaching or supporting maths and/or English skills development.
An email will be sent to you with access to a link where you will be able to complete a series of questions to support your learning experience. Completion of the questions is required two weeks before the webinar date.