Two day Prevent duty for safeguarding officers (Code: C0029)
SET member: £335.75
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Safeguarding leads, members of safeguarding teams and those who are about to take up safeguarding roles.
To improve knowledge of and confidence in the Prevent duty requirements for FE and training and to support providers across the sector in complying with Ofsted expectations.
- increase your knowedge of the Prevent duty requirements set out by the Department of Education and Ofsted
- increase your awareness of how to supporting staff with Prevent duty referrals
- increase your awareness of how to deal with cases and referral to the Channel panel
- increase your awareness of around internet and social media safety
- increase your awareness of Ofsted expectations in relation to exemplifying and promoting British values in the formal and informal curriculum
- increase your awareness of approaches to supporting staff in finding opportunities to exemplify and promote British values in the curriculum
- increase your awareness of current Ofsted practice in relation to the Prevent duty.
Two consecutive days.
Either experience of safeguarding or being about to take up a safeguarding role.