Two day Prevent duty for safeguarding officers
Prevent Duty and Safeguarding Support Programme
SET member: £335.75 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Who is this course for?
Safeguarding leads, members of safeguarding teams and those who are about to take up safeguarding roles.
To improve knowledge of and confidence in the Prevent duty requirements for FE and training and to support providers across the sector in complying with Ofsted expectations.
- increase your knowedge of the Prevent duty requirements set out by the Department of Education and Ofsted
- increase your awareness of how to supporting staff with Prevent duty referrals
- increase your awareness of how to deal with cases and referral to the Channel panel
- increase your awareness of around internet and social media safety
- increase your awareness of Ofsted expectations in relation to exemplifying and promoting British values in the formal and informal curriculum
- increase your awareness of approaches to supporting staff in finding opportunities to exemplify and promote British values in the curriculum
- increase your awareness of current Ofsted practice in relation to the Prevent duty.
Length of the course
Two consecutive days.
Either experience of safeguarding or being about to take up a safeguarding role.