Apprenticeship end-point assessors - Kick-start your preparations and professional development workshop
SET member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £100
Venue: Jury's Inn Birmingham, 245 Broad Street, B1 2HQ
Who is this course for?
This workshop is suitable for all individuals or teams who would like to explore what is needed to become an apprenticeship end-point assessor.
The workshop will help you understand what makes a good end-point assessor. A series of mini-CPD sessions will be delivered as part of the workshop to help develop your skills and build knowledge of end-point assessment methods and practices.
- These sessions will include:
- Consistency in end-point assessment
- Conducting fair assessments and minimising bias
- Working with grading in end-point assessment
- Conducting high stakes end-point assessment, including the following assessment methods:
- professional discussion
- portfolios and showcases
The workshop will share the key messages, advice and guidance from the Institute for Apprenticeships, apprentice employers, end-point assessment organisations and industry experts.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Know what makes a good end-point assessor
- Understand key end-point assessment practices and methods
- Develop an action plan for your CPD
- Confidently apply for end-point assessor opportunities
- Understand the requirements of EPAOs
- Understand the key considerations around end-point assessment for the IfA and employers
Length of the course
One day workshop 10.00am to 16.00pm (registration 9.45am)
Ahead of the workshop you will receive access to an online self-assessment tool to support your CPD development and your understanding of apprenticeship standards and assessment plans.
Completion of the online self-assessment tool
The tool is found on the Foundation Online Learning portal where you will be able to complete the self-assessment and receive a CPD report to assist with your understanding of the end-point assessor role ahead of the workshop.
If available, it is advised that you review the standards and assessment plans you are interested in delivering end-point assessment for.