British values for curriculum leaders
Prevent Duty Support Programme
This course will train curriculum leaders to support their staff to find opportunities to exemplify and promote British values in the curriculum. It will also provide training on the duty to challenge extremism including hate speech and approaches to teaching critical thinking. Please note that these topics are also covered in the Prevent for Safeguarding Officers course.
SET member: £170 (https://set.et-foundation.co.uk/)
Non-SET member: £200
This is also available as an in-house offer. We charge £900 plus expenses to deliver this in-house for up to 25 people. if you would like to know more information please email: email@example.com
Who is this course for?
- curriculum leaders
- safeguarding staff
- classroom lecturers, teachers and trainers.
To enable managers to support staff in being Ofsted-ready in relation to British values and challenging extremism.
You will be able to:
- be clear about the Prevent duty and Ofsted requirements in relation to British values
- develop or increase your confidence in identifying opportunities to promote and exemplify British values in a range curriculum areas
- develop or increase your confidence in supporting staff to challenging extremism and hate speech
- develop an awareness of approaches to critical thinking skills which can build learner resilience.
Length of the course
One full day.
Teaching, lecturing or training experience.