Assessment and tracking in maths and English (introductory webinar)
Maths and English
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
Teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating maths and English development.
Curriculum managers responsible for relevant vocational areas and for embedded maths and English.
This webinar will help you become familiar with effective practice in assessment and tracking for maths and English, drawing on the latest evidence base.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- explore an Assessment for Learning (AfL) framework;
- outline the principles behind the effective practice guidelines for assessment and tracking in maths and English;
- describe effective AfL processes when supporting maths and English;
- develop awareness of how to equip learners to monitor and evaluate their own maths and English learning.
Length of the course
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your equipment)
• a software download is required which you can download in advance or on the day from this link https://zoom.us/download.
• a good internet connection
• a set of headphones, in-earphones (like you would use for a mobile phone or tablet), or a mic-phones headset.
• a webcam although not essential is very helpful.
You should be teaching or supporting maths and/or English skills development.