Digital approaches for maths and English study skills and assessment (webinar)
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- Teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating maths and English development.
- Curriculum managers/ coordinators responsible for relevant vocational areas and for embedded maths and English.
The aim of the interactive webinar is to explore digital approaches that can support maths and English development.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- develop your awareness of digital literacies in learners' lives and work
- explore different ways of using digital approaches to support maths and English development
- explore some example of digital approaches that can transform maths and English development.
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your equipment)
• a software download is required which you can download in advance or on the day from this link https://zoom.us/download.
• a good internet connection
• a set of headphones, in-earphones (like you would use for a mobile phone or tablet), or a mic-phones headset.
• a webcam although not essential is very helpful.
You should be coordinating and/or teaching and/or supporting maths and/or English skills development.