Vocational Revitaliser: maths - an introduction (North)
There are three pricing options:
1. Individual fees
SET member: £85
Non-SET member: £100
Providers with up to6-10 delegates: £600.
We will support you to fill the extra places but this is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with providers in your locality.
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
• In-house course for up to 16 staff: £880
• In-house courses for up to 32 staff: £1,700
• In-house courses for up to 48 staff: £2,400
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book as normal. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet and then click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Practitioners working in the further education and skills sector i.e.
- vocational lecturers
- workplace trainers
- learning support assistants.
To prepare vocational teachers, trainers and assessors to be better equipped and more confident to support their learners' maths development in their vocational context.
You will be able to:
- develop your personal maths & maths teaching skills and confidence
- self-assess your personal maths skills
- develop key mathematical ideas relevant to the learners you work with
- explore strategies for engaging learners, including apprentice learners
- explore appropriate mathematical learning resources for your vocational area.
One full day face-to-face course with a pre and post-blended element.
You should be a vocational practitioner, teaching, assessing or supporting maths in the FE and skills sector.