Teaching maths at level 2: effective practice for new & developing teachers (East and North) (Code: C0339)
Face to face 2 day
There are two pricing options:
1. Individual fees
- Society for Education and Training member: £148.75
- Non-members: £175
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course in-house at a time and venue to suit you
- Training for up to 16 staff: £1,580
- Training for up to 32 staff: £3,100
You can also add a post-course webinar to your session to help embed the learning from the course in practice for only an additional £200.
Webinar 1 session
There are two pricing options:
- Society for Education and Training member: £21.25
- Non-members: £25
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course for a group of your staff online at a time and venue to suit you for £200 per webinar.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course will most benefit those who either have some knowledge of teaching maths but are new to teaching at level 2, or those who want to gain confidence in developing new approaches in teaching learners to achieve at this level. It is suitable for providers from across the breadth of the sector, including: FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers, Adult and Community Learning, the 3rd sector, offender learning and specialist colleges.
Above everything, the course aims to develop confidence in teaching GCSE and functional skills maths. The course is structured around three key themes - curriculum, teaching strategies and assessment - exploring each of them in greater depth as the course progresses.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- deliver GCSE and functional skills maths at level 2 with more confidence
- identify how a learner is performing at this level and deliver effective feedback to support their progression
- use up-to-date thinking on curriculum, schemes of work and planning that closes gaps and helps skill retention and application
- develop effective teaching strategies for progress to and success at this level.
This is a two-day course with an opportunity in between the two sessions to research and practise some of the ideas from day one, as well as building your personal maths skills if required.
You must have a maths qualification at level 2 or higher.