English Enhancement Programme (EEP)
Maths and English Pipeline
SET member: £212.50 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £250
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at current teachers with a good subject knowledge of English who want to be able to deliver the English Language GCSE with confidence - whether they are new to teaching the subject, lack confidence, or are preparing to teach it in the future.
Designed specifically to help staff who have good subject knowledge but haven't taught GCSE English Language recently. It focuses on a range of teaching techniques to motivate learners as well as signposting further support to develop subject knowledge.
- identify the subject knowledge you need to be an effective teacher of GCSE English language
- identify the requirements of GCSE and how it is structured
- explore the best strategies for teaching GCSE English Language, including motivating reluctant learners
- clearly identify students operating at grade 5, and learn the key elements to helping students achieve it
- make effective use of AfL, learner voice and feedback to both monitor and engage the learners.
Length of the course
Across three face-to-face days you will examine three key elements of the English Language paper: Non-Fiction Reading, Non-Fiction Writing and Fiction.