Developing work placements that promote social action, maths and English skills
Tailored 'wrap around' support package to include:
- CPD training for staff, at least 3 days on site support with further remote support to help drive forward developments and implement change
- Access to an extensive range of resources designed to engage learners. These creative and innovative resources map job roles within technical routes to Functional skills, GCSE maths, GCSE English and social action. Animations promote maths and English, all with teaching tips on how to use them effectively
- These are supported by a further 20 resources designed to aid learners progress and maximise potential.
Total cost £1600.
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
Colleges, training providers and others who deliver ESFA funded 16-19 Study programmes.
The programme may be of particular interest to leaders and managers of those study programmes, staff at all levels who may be involved or contribute to study programmes (and not just those directly involved in arranging work experience), work placement co-ordinators, maths and English specialists.
To manage study programmes, developing work placements that promote the importance of social action, maths and English skills.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- build staff knowledge and confidence delivering high quality study programmes
- plan, source and monitor high quality work placements
- promote and raise standards of delivery within maths and English skill development through work placements
- improve the promotion of youth social action and evidencing the impact of learners.
Length of the course
This is a flexible support package which can include a one day CPD for colleagues across your organisation at least three days' bespoke onsite support with further remote support.
No entry requirements other than your organisation must deliver ESFA funded 16-19 study programmes.