Active & engaging approaches to maths (webinar)
Maths and English
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25 This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
To enquire about this webinar please contact Jo Shirley.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
- Teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for teaching or supporting GCSE or Functional maths
- Curriculum managers/ coordinators responsible for relevant vocational areas and for embedded maths.
The aim of the webinar is to explore different strategies, activities & resources to make maths learning more active and engaging.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- explore different approaches & activities to make maths learning more active and engaging
- consider the benefits of such approaches to learners & the implications for your practice
- develop your awareness of different websites with freely available resources.
Length of the course
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your equipment).
• a software download is required which you can download in advance or on the day from this link https://zoom.us/download.
• a good internet connection
• a set of headphones, in-earphones (like you would use for a mobile phone or tablet), or a mic-phones headset.
• a webcam although not essential is very helpful.
You should be teaching or supporting maths skills.