Maths & English resilience (webinar)
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
To enquire about this webinar please contact Jon Poxon.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book as normal. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet and then click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
- Teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating maths and English development.
- Curriculum managers/ coordinators responsible for relevant vocational areas and for embedded maths and English.
The aim of the webinar is to explore strategies to address learners' negative attitudes to maths & English and develop resilience.
You will have the knowledge & confidence to:
- develop your awareness of affective barriers to learning maths & English
- use the 'growth zone model' as a vehicle for learners to discuss their emotional reactions to maths & English
- explore strategies for creating a positive classroom climate to create growth mindsets & resilient learners.
Length of the course
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your equipment).
• a software download is required which you can download in advance or on the day from this link https://zoom.us/download.
• a good internet connection
• a set of headphones, in-earphones (like you would use for a mobile phone or tablet), or a mic-phones headset.
• a webcam although not essential is very helpful.
You should be teaching or supporting English and/or maths skills development.