Maths & English resilience (webinar)
Maths and English
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
To enquire about this webinar please contact Jon Poxon.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
- Teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating maths and English development.
- Curriculum managers/ coordinators responsible for relevant vocational areas and for embedded maths and English.
The aim of the webinar is to explore strategies to address learners' negative attitudes to maths & English and develop resilience.
You will have the knowledge & confidence to:
- develop your awareness of affective barriers to learning maths & English
- use the 'growth zone model' as a vehicle for learners to discuss their emotional reactions to maths & English
- explore strategies for creating a positive classroom climate to create growth mindsets & resilient learners.
Length of the course
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your equipment).
• a software download is required which you can download in advance or on the day from this link https://zoom.us/download.
• a good internet connection
• a set of headphones, in-earphones (like you would use for a mobile phone or tablet), or a mic-phones headset.
• a webcam although not essential is very helpful.
You should be teaching or supporting English and/or maths skills development.