Supporting learners with SEND in maths (webinar)
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book as normal. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet and then click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- Teachers/support workers/managers with responsibility for SEND
- Maths teachers
- Mentors and coaches
- Managers and support teachers aiming to develop students numeracy skills
To help develop 'quality first teaching' to meet the needs of all learners in their classroom through accurate and insightful assessment, learning needs tailored to the individual and developing positive attitudes and motivations.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- summarise the barriers to learning mathematics experienced by SEND learners
- plan appropriate initial and ongoing assessment for learners with SEND
- create positive learning environments for SEND learners.