Teaching mixed ability groups: English (webinar)
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book as normal. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet and then click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
The webinar is designed for all teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches responsible for the learning programmes of FS/GCSE students and takes them through a step by step approach. It is suitable for staff who work in general FE, sixth form colleges, work based learning, prison education, community and voluntary and support staff
To offer you five 'takeaway' activities to support differentiation strategies to develop reading skills for learners studying Functional Skills (E1-L2) and GCSE English language courses.
By the end of the webinar, you will have the knowledge and confidence to use:
- DART strategies for processing texts
- digital approaches for language analysis and comprehension
- multi-media approaches to develop reading skills
- graphic organisers to promote positive reading habits.
Length of the course