Developing personal skills and knowledge to support learners effectively in maths (series of six webinars)
SET member: £100
Non-SET member: £119
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £178
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book as normal. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet and then click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- Support staff
- staff new to maths teaching at GCSE or Functional Skills level 1 or 2
- maths teachers who would like a boost
- assessors, tutors and mentors and anyone who wants to develop confidence in the topics covered
To develop an in depth understanding of, and approaches to teaching, the following:
Webinar 1 - Focus on Probability & Statistics Webinar
Webinar 2 - Focus on Algebra Webinar
Webinar 3 - Focus on Graphs Webinar
Webinar 4 - Focus on Measurement Webinar
Webinar 5 - Geometry and Trigonometry Webinar
Webinar 6 - Effective interventions: How might we develop interventions and support for students that work
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
• Teach the topics with confidence
• Find different ways to teach maths concepts students struggle with
• Make links between the topic areas and relate these to real life situations
• Give effective feedback and deal with misconceptions
No previous knowledge required, just a willingness to learn, ask questions and have a go.