Knowledge module: maximising potential - (The Essential SEND Managers' Programme) (Code: C0450)
This FREE webinar provides an introduction to the Essential SEND Managers' Programme and a sector update. You can also discuss how the programme can be personalised to meet the needs of your organisation.
Please note that charges referred to below apply only to the full 2 day face-to-face programme which is temporarily on hold due to the COVID-19 situation.
SET member: £297
Non-SET member: £350
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA. For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £525.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
The course is for both new SEND Managers or experienced FE managers who would like to develop their SEND knowledge.
To ensure that SEND managers and FE managers have the knowledge to deliver high quality outcomes for SEND learners.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to support SEND learners to achieve quality outcomes. Topics covered on the module are as follows:
- a summary of the SEND reforms
- the legal responsibilities/duties of learning providers under the Children and Family Act, Equalities Act, Care Act including making reasonable adjustments, using best endeavors
- how to prepare for and contribute to a SEND tribunal
- the SEND policy landscape
- understanding high needs funding, and other sources of funding for learners
- maximising funding and managing budgets
- collection of data and recruitment of learners with SEND
- providing appropriate student services support, including effective IAG (Information Advice and Guidance).
- establishing impactful practice.
This is a two day course on consecutive days.
A modest amount of pre-course work will be required. Also, a short initial assessment survey will be sent to you prior to the course start. We would encourage you to complete the survey to establish a baseline for your learning journey and to enable National Star to recognise your needs.