Chairs' Leadership programme (Code: C0462)
£750 per delegate
Who is this for?
Further Education and 6th Form Colleges' Chairs of Boards.
Chairs will explore:
- the role of the Chair and the Board in ensuring that the organisation delivers on its purpose
- establishing high performance within the Board, and within the broader organisation
- how Boards work successfully together and with the senior team and wider staff of the organisation
- board dynamics, culture, and diversity
- challenge and support: the relationships between Chair, Clerk and CEO
- the role of the Chair and Board in establishing the capability and character of the organisation
- sector changes and dynamics: the broader context and macro-trends.
Benefits for the individual:
- deepened understanding of the role of the Chair and the Board in the context of broader trends within the Further Education and Training sector
- greater self-awareness of personal leadership approach and enhanced impact
- deeper and broader networks of peers within the FE sector and beyond
- strengthened leadership capability within the organisation.
Benefits for the organisation:
- the development of more robust governance leadership and increased organisational resilience
- enhanced ability to establish conditions for success at the level of the Board, and to drive high performance through the wider organisation
- strengthened leadership capability between the organisation and external networks
- raising reputation and esteem at the level of the organisation
and the sector through cross-sector dialogue.
24 hour residential plus nine months high touch support.
Must be the Chair of a Board in the Further Education and Training or 6th form college sector.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.