Chairs' Leadership programme (Code: C0462)
£750 per delegate
Who is this for?
Further Education and 6th Form Colleges' Chairs of Boards.
Chairs will explore:
- the role of the Chair and the Board in ensuring that the organisation delivers on its purpose
- establishing high performance within the Board, and within the broader organisation
- how Boards work successfully together and with the senior team and wider staff of the organisation
- board dynamics, culture, and diversity
- challenge and support: the relationships between Chair, Clerk and CEO
- the role of the Chair and Board in establishing the capability and character of the organisation
- sector changes and dynamics: the broader context and macro-trends.
Benefits for the individual:
- deepened understanding of the role of the Chair and the Board in the context of broader trends within the Further Education and Training sector
- greater self-awareness of personal leadership approach and enhanced impact
- deeper and broader networks of peers within the FE sector and beyond
- strengthened leadership capability within the organisation.
Benefits for the organisation:
- the development of more robust governance leadership and increased organisational resilience
- enhanced ability to establish conditions for success at the level of the Board, and to drive high performance through the wider organisation
- strengthened leadership capability between the organisation and external networks
- raising reputation and esteem at the level of the organisation
and the sector through cross-sector dialogue.
24 hour residential plus nine months high touch support.
Must be the Chair of a Board in the Further Education and Training or 6th form college sector.