Beyond the Blind Spots – Talent Attraction, Management & Retention for FE (Code: C0466)
This course is free to attend to those meeting the entry requirements.
Who is this for?
This workshop offers three free places to each college attending, enabling a senior manager, HR specialist and a governor to attend together in order to gain an understanding of the united, practical steps to take within their college.
- You will explore how to develop a diverse work culture to bring benefit to your college.
- Enable college leads to challenge unconscious bias and improve performance management.
- Discover ways to mitigate the impact of unconscious bias operating through behaviours and decision making.
- Acknowledge the subtle ways in which unconscious bias plays out in FE colleges and recognise where biases may occur in everyday FE practice, repelling talent and preventing effective succession planning.
- Gain clarity on the various aspects of your executive role where unconscious bias may operate.
- Identify opportunities to promote best practice and work with cultural intelligence.
- Employ a set of practical tools and action plans to address unconscious bias in order to increase talent attraction and retention for your college.
- Create a safe space for delegates to recognise and challenge unconscious bias within themselves.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- gain a first-hand experiential understanding of unconscious bias
- gain awareness of the inner workings of the brain, which leads to everyday biased decision-making.
- gain an understanding of the practical steps to take toward better and bias-free decision-making processes.
- recognise potential blind spot hot spots in key FE executive functionalities
- recognise and manage unconscious bias in the workplace
- empower participants knowledge of managing their own and others blind spots.
This is a one day course.
Each college is required to commit a senior manager, a HR specialist and a governor in order to gain an understanding of the united, practical steps to take within their college.