Digital technology: develop your practice (English)
Maths and English Pipeline
SET Member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk/
Non-SET member: £100
Organisations can host a course and invite between 6 and 10 of their own staff for £600. Further places will be made available to external participants at the prices above.
Organisations can host a course and have up to 16 staff attending an exclusive session for £880.
* sessions for larger numbers may be possible, please speak to your Regional Specialist Lead for more details.
Who is this course for?
- GCSE English teachers
- Functional English tutors
- Vocational tutors and assessors involved in embedded support
- Learning support assistants
It aims to explore and evaluate a range of e-learning tools and websites with direct reference to their relevance in improving learner engagement and achievement on English programmes at a range of levels.
You will be able to:
- reflect on the way digital technology can enrich good practice in English teaching as well as promote innovative delivery models
- share examples of good practice in the use of e-learning tools and approaches
- evaluate a range of tutor-devised digital resources created for use in classroom teaching and in blended learning
- explore some popular useful online resource banks, blogs and YouTube channels
- access follow-up support through the new ETF Professional Exchange Network 'Digital Technology in English Teaching' and other opportunities.
Length of the course
One full day with opportunities for further support and collaborative activity.
You should be teaching or supporting English skills development.