Using phonics-based teaching at Entry Level - an introductory webinar
There are two pricing options:
1. Individual fees
- Society for Education and Training member: £21.25
- Non-members: £25
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course for a group of your staff online at a time and venue to suit you for £200 per webinar.
Who is this for?
Functional Skills English tutors, particularly those working with Entry level learners
The aim of the introductory webinar is to introduce the CPD programme developed to support Functional English practitioners in exploring phonics-based teaching approaches at Entry Levels. Participants will have an opportunity to explore the key reasons why the use of phonics in Functional English has been highlighted at this time and will discuss the benefits and challenges of using phonics in the post 16 sector. It will then introduce some of the principles that underpin the use of phonics in teaching reading and writing.
The webinar will prepare you to progress on to the 1-day courses for emergent or developing reading/writing that will explore the use of phonics in much more detail.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- explain why the use of phonics in Functional English has been highlighted at this time
- discuss the benefits and challenges of using phonics with post 16 learners
- summarise some of the principles that underpin good practice in using phonics with post 16 learners
- progress to other appropriate CPD opportunities available through the programme.
You should be teaching or be in a support role on a Functional Skills English programme.