Developing work placements that promote maths and English skills to maximise potential (Code: C0484)
Tailored 'wrap around' support package to include:
- CPD training for staff, at least three days on site support with further remote support to help drive forward developments and implement change.
- Access to an extensive range of resources designed to engage learners. These creative and innovative resources map job roles within technical routes to Functional skills, GCSE maths and GCSE English. Animations promote maths and English, all with teaching tips on how to use them effectively
- These are supported by a further 20 resources designed to aid learners progress and maximise potential.
Total cost £1600.
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Colleges, training providers and others who deliver ESFA funded 16-19 Study programmes. The programme may be of particular interest to leaders and managers of those study programmes, staff at all levels who may be involved or contribute to study programmes (and not just those directly involved in arranging work experience), work placement co-ordinators, maths and English specialists.
To manage study programmes, developing work placements that promote the importance of maths and English skills.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- build staff knowledge and confidence delivering high quality study programmes
- plan, source and monitor high quality work placements
- promote and raise standards of delivery within maths and English skill development through work placements
- evidence the impact of learners.
This is a flexible support package which can include a one day CPD for colleagues across your organisation at least three days bespoke onsite support with further remote support.
No entry requirements other than your organisation must deliver ESFA funded 16-19 study programmes.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.