Collaborative Practice Development Day (East and North)
SET member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £100
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- GCSE and Functional Skills Maths and English tutors
- Vocational tutors and assessors involved in embedded skills development
- Learning Support Assistants
To explore and evaluate a range of teaching, learning and assessment approaches to improve learner confidence, engagement and achievement in Maths and English and to develop your digital skills.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- reflect on a range of approaches available to enrich good practice in teaching as well as promote innovative delivery models
- share examples of good practice
- evaluate a range of tutor-devised resources created for use in classroom teaching and in blended learning
One full day with opportunities for further support and collaborative activity.
This course is for all tutors, assessors and learning support assistants who support learners to develop their English, maths or digital skills in either discrete maths and English classes or embedded in their Study Programme or Apprenticeship.