ETF Annual Research Conference 2019
Who is this for?
Practitioners and education leaders in Further, Adult and Vocational Education, Industry Training and those in other organisations interested in improving teaching, learning and assessment through practice-focused educational research. The Conference will also be of value to education and policy professionals interested in measures of impact in education and models of educational evaluation and improvement in the sector.
To aim of the Conference is to bring to life the range of research currently being supported by the Education and Training Foundation's Practitioner Research Programme, together with the evidence- based and theory-informed findings emerging from these studies.
Current research topics include:
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in GCSE English and Maths
- The Development of Craft and Skill in Vocational Education
- Dilemmas in the Vocational-Academic Divide
- The challenges of the Theory/Practice Divide
- Problems and possibilities in curriculum design, implementation and evaluation
- New approaches to professional learning and development
- Technology and the use of ICT.
One day: 10am - 3pm.
There are no entry requirements. Education leaders, line managers, teachers practitioner-researchers, researchers and practitioners in Further, Adult and Vocational Education and trainers, training managers from Industry are all welcome to attend. Delegates are also encouraged to invite colleagues and students from their organisations to the Conference.